Trans Am Mustangs
Boss 302c.i. four Weber carburettors or Cleveland 351c.i. fuel injection 490bhp.
4-speed top loader gearbox, 3.9-5.1:1 Locker differential.
Heavy duty, coil spring front, leaf spring rear.
Fibreglass panels from 1973
8-10 inch alloy wheels
Heavy duty brakes
  At the end of 1967 Allan joined Fordís Kar Kraft as development driver after it had won two consecutive Le Mans races with the GT40, and was busy with sports prototype and Trans Am projects.
  Ford was fully committed to the Trans Am Series to promote its image and specifically, the image of the Mustang. It was a hotbed of competition with Shelby American representing Ford.
  Allan co-drove the first two rounds (Daytona 24-Hours, Sebring 12-Hours) of the 1968 Trans Am, with Horst Kwech, but unfortunately the car did not finish either race.
  He returned to Australia to work for Bob Jane. After Jane purchased a genuine 1968 ex Shelby Trans Am Mustang, Allan returned to Detroit in early 1969 and met with Jack Passino, Ford Racing Director who organised a brand new, never before driven, 1969 Trans-Am Boss Mustang.
  The Boss Mustangs had undergone an intense development program.
  Commercial sponsorship was just commencing and Allan signed a deal with Coca Cola. The Mustangs first outing was the Southern 60 at Sandown on May 4 1969; Allan won all three 10-lap races!
  He unfortunately retired from both 1969 touring car championship rounds at Mallala and Symmons Plains. Allanís first ATCC victory was round one of the 1970 season at Calder, however, valve problems at the next two rounds at Bathurst and Sandown halted his championship charge.
  Next was Mallala, where the clutch exploded; then Warwick Farm where he was hit heavily by Pete Geoghegan, putting them both out; then in Queensland the engine overheated. In the final round at Symmons Plains, Allan drove Fordís Super Falcon GTHO instead of the Mustang.
  In 1971 Allan won the opening round at Symmons Plains but retired from the next round at Calder with engine problems. At Sandown, Allan led the race only to be black-flagged over a loose oil cooler. He complied with the flag on the last lap and still came home first, but was later disqualified for not having stopped earlier.
  He took pole, fastest lap and the race at Surfers Paradise, a third at Mallala, followed by a win at Lakeside. The title to be decided between Moffat, Jane and Geoghegan at the last round at Oran Park, was won by Jane.
  1972 was the last chance for Allan to win the ATCC with the Mustang as rules changes in 1973 would make it ineligible. Once again Allan won the Symmons Plains opening round.
  Using the Super Falcon GTHO special fuel injected 351 in the Mustang for the second round at Calder led to oil pump failure.
  At Bathurst, he and Geoghegan duelled in arguably one of the greatest dices ever seen in Australia with Geoghegan narrowly coming out on top; at Sandown Allan dominated with an easy win over Jane; in Adelaide Allan was black-flagged and Jane victorious; at Warwick Farm Allan won the race, only to be excluded after a protest from Jane. After losing the Surfers Paradise round and with no chance of winning the title, Allan dominated the final round at Oran Park.
  ATCC rule changes forced the Mustang into the Sports Sedan category.
  In late 1973 the renewed Mustang sporting fibreglass boot, bonnet and flares was unveiled under Brut 33 sponsorship.
  The Mustang was competitive but with new rule freedoms during 1974 the wins became fewer. In January 1975 Allan took it to New Zealand (in Union Travel livery) for the Tasman Series races prior to its retirement.
  The Mustang had ended its career with an incredible record of 101 wins from 157 starts.